A novel golf concept came across our desk the other day. Naturist golf.
“La Jenny”, a resort on the west coast of France – not too far from Bordeaux claims to be the only naturalist golf resort in the world…. (Let us know if you know of any others – hard to believe there aren’t any…)
“La Jenny” was created in 1993 and expanded to cover 9 hectares in 2009. That isn’t a big course (6 holes) as championship courses, even non-championship 18 hole courses should cover around 60 hectares. But then again, how long do you want to walk around a course completely nude?
The six playing holes include 4 par 3s and 2 par 4s. We wonder what’s in store at the 7th hole for drinks and refreshment. Their promotion mentions a welcoming clubhouse to have an enjoyable time “after golf”.
The resort provides indivdual and group lessons with a professional on their incomparable (accoring to the website) driving range. There are no restrictions – we suppose that means no handicap is necessary to play. Their slogan is “At La Jenny, golf is available for everyone. See you soon for a tee-off.”
There is, however a code of conduct (here is a partial list of the rules):
- Nudity is not optional
- Respect nudity – don’t hide, don’t exhibit
- Sex toys are prohibited in public and any overt sexual conduct is strictly forbidden
- To protect our forest: No open fires, barbeques must be used, no thowing cigarette butts or bottles.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h with priority given to pedestrians and cyclists
- Photgraphy is limited to within the family
- Save water, but showers are obligatory before entering the pool.
La Jenny adheres to the values and principles of naturism; complete nudity, respect for yourself and others and of the environment.
The area boasts great eating and beautiful ocean views. While we haven’t experienced La Jenny yet, first-hand, we have been in the region and it is indeed ruggedly beautiful with some gorgeous golf courses in the area (Les Molliets – a links course which hugs the Atlantic, for one). For windsurfers, the Lacanau region is world renown and is nearby.